Saturday 29 November 2008














The scenery in the Lakes District is spectacular.  Here are some examples of the countryside.  They were taken alongside routes M591 & M592 while on the way to Keswick.  The beautiful little church was in Ambleside, about halfway to Keswick.  It is called St. Mary's and the billboard at the driveway indicated it is shared by Methodist & Church of England.




These rugged people have built stone walls in areas you wouldn't expect a goat to climb, let alone graze.  Double click on the top photo and you'll be able to see what I mean.


Double click on any photo & you'll see it enlarge.








2 comments:

Hera Gallery said...

I can't get over the skys there. When I double clicked on the photo to enlarge it,it opened sooo big that all I could see was the sky. there are so many colors and textures, it doesn't even look real! And the stone walls are pretty amazing too! I'm really glad that I have an opportunity to check out what you've been looking at these days. Thanks!

Eric T. said...

Open the picture just above the church. Did you notice what looks like a castle turret?