Sunday 28 June 2009

SOUTHPORT

An organ recital by Carlo Curley drew me to Southport, just north of Liverpool.  This is where the concert was held, at the Holy Trinity Church.  Not wanting to drive home after the concrt, I booked a night in one of the B&Bs and found Southport to be a great find, a wonderful town (I called it a city but was corrected "because it doesn't have a cathedral"), a visit I enjoyed completely. 




















This view of the clock tower was taken by an accident of circumstance.  I tried to go in the tourist info center from the wrong side, and as I turned to go the right way, found the tower right in front of me.  

















This is one of the most beautiful and dignified memorials I've found in my travels.














Typical of the Lord's Street establishments, the Scarisbrick Hotel is an example of wonderful architecture that can be found everywhere you look in Southport.















By night, the Scarisbrick presents a completely different image, in more ways than one.

No comments: