Sunday 14 February 2010

To London for 2 West End shows and

I've been to London twice. The first time was to do a general exploration while catching 2 musicals; The Jersey Boys (fri night) and Wicked (Sat night). The second time was to see my first live NFL football game.

About the shows, it seems it's easy to get a good seat on short notice if one is looking only for one seat.

On Friday nights, the British Museum is open late, so on my way to the Prince Edward Theatre to see the Jersey Boys, I dropped in only for a monent to check out the opening times for the next few days. Then off to the theatre.





Here's the street scene after the show. This is just outside the Prince Edward Theatre. Multiply this scene many times and you'll get an image of what the entire west end zone looks like as midnight approaches.


Both of the shows I saw were absolutely wonderful; the acting, the sets, the singing & music, the theatres themselves; all brillant.












Trafalgar Square, Nelson's Tower with a statue of King Charles I in the foreground. See if you can pick out the large lion in the edge of the picture. On this weekend, there was a music festival going on so I wasn't able to walk through the square. I'll have to go back in the winter. That's the National Gallery in the background which has a statue of George Washington in from if it.



















This is looking at the Parliment Building from Parliment Square. The detail of this place is amazing.













Westminster Abbey, looking east. It was closed for viewing by the time I got there in the early afternoon. Another reason to go back.

When travelling to London, pick out the sights you want to see and check their opening times. They don't always conform to what you might think is appropriate.

I finished up my walk this day at Buckingham Palace. That day, the guard had changed at about 11am. I got there at 4pm, but the views were fantastic none the less.









No comments: